Responsibilities: The Assistant DNA Technical Leader requires extensive knowledge of all aspects of forensic DNA laboratory processing and reporting. This position will work closely with the DNA Technical Leader to develop and implement new policies and procedures; and will aid in the training of all new serologists and analysts. A thorough background check and genotype profile is required prior to handling criminal evidence.
Click below to fill out our application and introduce yourself. You will also be uploading your resume and other certification documents you might hold. We are excited to meet you and learn more about your qualifications.
The essential duties of the Assistant DNA Technical Leader include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure proper use of the non-conformance and corrective action (NCA) system to effectively resolve non-conformances in laboratory processes through accurate root cause(s) identification and corrective action implementation.
- Perform method validation and prepare written reports.
- Coordinate and assist management with the training of Serologists and Analysts.
- Evaluate and prepare a written opinion concerning the identification and comparability of biological samples; and testify as an expert witness in a Court of Law.
- Aid in solving technical problems and propose new or modified analytical procedures and assist in their implementation into the laboratory.
- Participate in proficiency testing in accordance with FBI QAS standards.
- Update personal skills and knowledge to remain current and become efficient and proficient in the position.
- Work under limited supervision.
- Perform other duties not listed in this Job Description, as directed by the DNA Technical Leader.
Qualifications: A master’s degree or equivalent in biology, chemistry, or a forensic science related area and one year of relevant experience in a forensic DNA laboratory. College course work or classes covering the subject areas of: biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology, and statistics and/or population genetics is required.
Preference will be given to applicants with two or more years of relevant experience in a forensic DNA laboratory. Individuals with successful completion of the FBI sponsored auditor training program and comprehensive knowledge of forensic DNA laboratory certification and compliance with ASCLD/LAB-International.
|Job Category||Forensic Support Team|